Wilkins School Community Center Program Manager
Wilkins School Community Center (WSCC) is looking for a Community Center Program
Manager to build on our more than 40 year tradition and outstanding reputation in the
community. The Community Center Program Manager will be responsible for the daily
operations of the center, including developing programming and serving as a liaison with
instructors and local communities.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Community Center Program Manager will be based at
the Wilkins School Community Center and have a flexible schedule, including remote work,
depending upon building programming and staffing.
Part-time Position Overview
Position is for immediate hire and reports to the Wilkins School Community Center Board of
Directors. Responsibilities include overseeing the day-to-day administration, operations, and
programming for WSCC. This position is 25 – 30 hrs a week.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and work with the Board of
Directors to plan for successful long-term operations.
- Provide thoughtful leadership that is inclusive and guides the organization’s strategic
plan through implementation.
- Establish, plan, actively manage, and oversee the organization’s operations, programs,
and fundraising initiatives, while working with the Board to plan for the organization’s
long-term financial sustainability.
- Communicate effectively with the board to provide reports and updates on current work,
project timelines, and organizational progress.
- Apply innovative thinking and performance measurements to analyze and support
strategic decision making.
- Act as the contact point for facilities or capital projects.
- Represent the organization and promote a positive organizational image to internal and
external audiences through newsletters, social media, and other channels. Participate in
occasional in-person events within the community.
- Supervise part-time Building Manager position.
- In collaboration with the board, drive development and fundraising.
- Challenge status quo by reviewing organizational programs and interest in making recommendations that empower programmatic improvements.
The ideal candidate for this role embraces community leadership as well as a thoughtful
approach to day-to-day operational management, strategic planning, and organizational
The candidate should bring:
- Prior experience as a leader or member of a leadership team of a nonprofit organization.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with the community, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Creative fundraising and organizational funding experience.
- Vision to put the mission of Wilkins School Community Center into a long-term view.
- Interest and experience using technology effectively for future growth.
- A track record of growing organizational capacity and programmatic impact.
- Experience in fiscal management. Quickbooks knowledge a plus Interest in building community and supporting affordable community programming in the arts, health and wellness, and other areas.
- Interest in a flexible position with community impact.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to
the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis
until an appointment is made.
Wilkins School Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity
and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.